Monday, August 1, 2011

Ravasaur Matriarch and Her Nest (Ravasaur Hatchling)


Ravasaur Matriarch is a level 51 rare green raptor that can be found in south eastern Un'Goro Crater just south east of Marshal's Stand. (She is located in close proximity to her nests which I have indicated on the map below in red.) Before patch 3.3 she dropped the vanity pet Ravasaur Hatchling pictured on the right in the picture above. The hatchling no longer drops off of her but can now be looted directly from the nest Ravasaur Matriarch's Nest and is a 100% chance drop. As of 4.2 she drops a green and a decent amount of experience for toons around her level. 

Ravasaur Matriarch does not need to be up for the nest to be spawned in and vice versa, they have independent spawn timers. Unlike the other raptors with nests though, her spawn timer and nest seem to be longer in roughly the 4-8+ hour range. I have found her alone before with no nest, I've found just the nest, and they could also both be up at the same time. I'd also like to note that for this particular raptor and nest I've found the nest spawned in more often than the raptor. The nest will also only spawn near the location of the rare raptor.

There are three other rare raptors with associated hatchlings and nests and those are:


The other hatchling pets are all still randoms drops from raptor mobs.


There are five spawn locations of the nest (in red on the map above). If you use the tomtom addon for waypoints this macro will be helpful in finding them:

/way 68.9 61.2

/way 63.0 63.2
/way 62.2 65.2
/way 62.0 73.6
/way 68.9 66.6


Here is an example of what the nest looks like when found:



9 comments:

  1. I've found the Ravasaur nest once before and I've looked a lot. I was down there again for my archaeology digsites and thought I would take a peak. I found the Matriarch for the first time and made her a pet (I like having the matching raptor pet for my vanity pets XD ) then started looking around and was not having any luck. I searched online for any info and found here, the second dot I looked at on your map had it. I squealed. Big time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grats on your find Eddie, glad I was able to help you out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this website everything is wonderfully stated and clear to understand

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found another rare! His name is Gruff and his is located in terror run. Btw i love your site!<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never could find the matriarch but this site has helped me out on a lot of other rares this sites great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going with my lv 20 to get that pet :P now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol wish there were more mount drops from rares I have gotten time lost and aeonaxx and not much else to go after

    ReplyDelete